Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Oldies but Goodies

Lately I have been intrigued with older movies staring Doris Day and Audrey Hepburn. 
Absolutely LOVE them!
My mom was the one that got me started on this kick. One night when I was over she was sitting on her bed watching "Calamity Jane," a western style movie starring a young Doris Day.
Calamity Jane
Absolutely loved her in this movie!
Of course, just one movie couldn't be it for me. After we finished that movie we watched 
"With Six You Get Eggroll," a kind of yours-mine-and-ours movie, one of my favorites. Ever since then it seems like every weekend my mom will rent Doris Day movies, watches them, then lets me borrow them. 
I have continued the list of watched movies with "Glass Bottom Boat"
"Caprice," and "Where Were You When the Lights Went Out?"
After watching those 5 Doris Day movies, I decided to change it up a bit and moved on to watching an Audrey Hepburn movie, "Breakfast at Tiffany's."
Breakfast at Tiffany's Poster
She is such a talented actress! Loved her ditsy-ness in this film. She has such a laid back elegance about her.
I just love curling up on my bed
(because Mike controls the big TV in the living room, so I have to resort to the 20 inch in our bedroom for shows I want to watch)
with my crocheting project watching these old classics.
I have asked for some of these movies for Christmas so I can have my own collection of them.
I also really love the old musicals such as "South Pacific," and "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," my all time favorite!
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers [50th Anniversary Edition] [DVD]
(Me and my sister would always fight about who got to pretend to be Alice because we were both in love with Gideon, haha!)
Let me know if you have any good suggestions of movies for me to experience!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Megan! These are Oldies-But-Goodies! Thanks for sharing! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah!! Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is my jam! I was positive this was the most romantic and perfect way for people to fall in love.

    ReplyDelete