Over the past year and a half I have been trying to be a good wife. To me, this includes satisfying my husband's appetite at meal times. (Meaning I cook good food.) Like all LDS girls I learned how to cook a few things during my youthful years. But, in real life, you're going to want to eat more things than just 5 dishes over and over every week. So, I've tried to branch out and make different things. Some have been good, others, not so much. I've taken pictures of the better ones so I'm going to share them with you now.
This is a delicious stir fry I came up with. I cut up some chicken and cooked it with teriyaki sauce then added a bag of frozen coliflour and broccoli with some bell peppers and carrots. Then we just served it over rice. Very delicious!
This is a chicken recipe I found in a ward cook book I have. Its basically chicken with swiss cheese and stuffing and cream of chicken, baked til delicious. We ate it with broccoli and rice. (We love rice.)
This is just baked chicken with seasoning on it, served with cranberry sauce and stuffing. Kind of a pseudo Thanksgiving dinner.
These are some quick yummy snacks. The first picture is just applesauce and crushed up graham cracker layers. I like it with cool whip on top but I was fresh out... You can also serve it with berries on top or something... The next picture is of the most scrumtious smoothies I have ever concocted. I just scooped a bunch of ice cream into my blender, added a thawed can of frozen juice concentrate ( it was like pineapple guava passion fruit I think), some milk, half a teaspoon of vanilla, and half a can of grapefruit juice.
This is my second attempt at cooking a roast. I cooked it in my dutch oven, in my oven. I had the potatoes and carrots in the pot with it and added water about half way up the roast. It was a successful sunday dinner, we shared it with Mike's mom.
These are my potato salad I just made today. I boiled 6 russet potatoes, and 4 eggs. I peeled and diced the potatoes and eggs, diced up sweet pickles, olives, celery and onion. Then I mixed together mayo, mustard, sweet pickle juice, salt pepper and celery seed. We're going to eat it with some steaks Mike is going to cook. I stole a spoonful and it was delicious! Hopefully Mike likes it! I have much more recipes and pictures but this will do for now. Try some and enjoy!
This is a great post! Those look yummy! I will definitely have to try some! Thanks for the great ideas! You are awesome! :)
ReplyDelete