Friday, June 17, 2011

As of Late

The summer is in full force, therefore, not letting me have much time to blog. Though we have been doing fun things, we've had to squeeze them around our work schedules - Mike's been working hard as a cashier at Dick's and I've been picking up extra shifts at the hospital to help out. Through all this craziness of being an adult and working to make a living, we've been able to reunite with Mike's old friend Ian and his wife Arissa, now my new friend. We were able to tag along when they took their kids to
It was way fun! Me, Mike, Blakus, Ian, Arissa and their two kids went. Juliana, Blake's wife was working unfortunately. Here are some crazy pictures of our adventures there:
Mike and Blakus bein crazy with the T-rex.

Me with some crazy furry thing...

Mike getting eaten by half a head

Me posing like the dino

Mike saving me from the dinosaur

Self explanatory

Me and Arissa riding some alligator thing

The Three Amigo Couples, minus Juliana. From left to right- Me, Mike, Blakus, Arissa, Ian. Their kids didn't want to be in the picture so its just the 5 of us.
I remember going to the dino park when I was little so it was fun to go back and see it again.

I don't think I've put this in my blog yet but
I'M DONE WITH SCHOOL!
Well, at least for a couple of years. I declined my spot in the bachelor's program and started studying for my registry test. I've also applied to be full time at my current job so I can be earning good money while I'm waiting to get into a lab. I just need to get online and sign up to take the registry exam, pass that then apply like a mad woman to every open MLT job. Then once I've gotten a full time job in a lab, I'll get health insurance and then we can start trying to have kids. In the mean time, Mike with just work part time and finish his schooling. Then in a couple years I'll apply for the online Bachelor's program. It shouldn't be too hard, I'll be doing most stuff at work as my lab hours, just have to submit those online.

Mike and I have been busy playing tennis and trying to get good. I don't think I've been progressing at all, but Mike is now able to compete with his friend TJ and be able to hold his own. I just don't have any pictures of us because we always just go alone so there's no one to be our photographer. If anyone wants to join us you are more than welcome!

This is just kind of random but I wanted to put it in here. A few weeks ago I was driving down the freeway and spotted this oxymoron. Its very ironic but if you've ever driven I-15 through Utah during the summer you know its totally true! Haha - 
If you can't read them, the first road construction sign on the right, the one you pass first, says "End Road Work Thank You." Then the next construction sign you come to, on the left, is the infamous one that says, "Road Work Ahead." Yes, only like 20 yards apart. Does it make sense? Does it ever make sense?!

No comments:

Post a Comment